The Alyssa School challenges every person to grow and supports every person to succeed.
Our mission statement underpins everything we do at The Alyssa School. Our mission is a shared mission; we invite pupils, teachers, parents, carers, our neighbours and our colleagues to work together make sure that The Alyssa School is a happy, safe and creative school a school where everyone is encouraged to achieve their full potential and everyone is proud to be part of our community.
Our mission is to engage 14-16 years young people who are displaced or disaffected from mainstream schooling, or newly arrived to the UK, and whose level of English is a barrier to learning and achievement.
We believe that engagement in education and training develops essential life skills, builds confidence, enhances communication and promotes integration with and participation in the local community, wider society and the economic and social health of the UK.
The Alyssa School will be a safe, secure and successful place to learn and grow.
A place where learning is fun.
Brightness and nobility in every student
- Collaborate with Plymouth University to gain innovation through mathematics for our students
- Give flexible curriculum to motivate students and promote achievement
- Provide lasting knowledge combined with functional and transferable skills
- Appreciate and give empathy for their own and other cultures
- Ensure academic, social and emotional exploration and growth
- Have progression to Post 16 opportunities